Friday 25 May 2012


I was on http://www.yakface.com/ this morning checking out the latest news and found out that today is the 35th anniversary of Star Wars! Wow it sure doesn't seem that long ago. I remember I lived in Fort McMurray when Star Wars came out in theatres. My dad was going to take me, I was 5, and always drawing space ships. Then my mom went into labour with my youngest brother. The next time I was able to see that movie in the theatres I was... ahem... much older...

Now I am able to share the Star Wars Universe with my whole family! Yep, my husband and kids (age 6 & 9) are all into Star Wars and in different degrees. I enjoy the books and the movies and I'm pretty good at knowing most of the little known characters and have a greater knowledge of the popular ones. My husband was obsessed with the traditional trilogy (episodes 4, 5, & 6) to the point that he knows the alien languages and you can mute any of these movies at any time, and he will continue the dialog so when you unmute he is in sync with the movie. My 9 year old knows all the characters and loves to design and set up custom figures, envirnments and dioramas to act out different scenes. (ever see 50 battle droids lined up in formation on your living room floor?) My 6 year old chooses figures based on their colours and species and makes up scenes.

My husband loves to use his toys to make store displays mainly at the South store. Check out our Facebook page for his Hoth Battle last year www.facebook.com/ChinookAndHobbyWest for some great pictures! Our North store has a life size R2D2 that both little and big kids love to see.

Star Wars has got to be the best movie series to suck in so many generations and share so many memories.

For more great sources for Star Wars check out www.yodanews.com , http://www.rebelscum.com/ and please share your favourite sites!

What is your first Star Wars memory? We would love to hear your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment